Computers with access to the internet bear the risk of being infiltrated by malware or spyware.
The investigation of security breaches provides answers to the following questions:
- Has the computer been infiltrated?
- How did the infiltration occur?
- Is there any malware or spyware on the computer?
- To which destination is the information on the computer being transferred?
- How can the computer be protected?
Malware can destroy part of the information found on the computer. In addition to this, files are sometimes erroneously erased and must be restored.
The recovery process transfers the required file from a place where it is inaccessible to a location where it can be retrieved.
Sometimes, the recovery process might cause permanent damage to the computer’s drive after the required material has been recovered. In such a case, the computer’s drive can no longer be used.